17 August 2005

Reactions

As the news of my departure permeated the cubicle rows the initial reaction was shock followed by jealous remorse. Before I tendered my resignation my team experienced a 30% reduction in force all due to sudden resignations. In real numbers three out of ten people. As the work load increased positons were filled, but two of the postions were not replaced-- the two women who filled those gaps are idiots. More recently another senior member received a promotion amid a massive overhaul of our teams mission. The call was made to replace her and hire two other people. Then our supervisor was dismissed. One month has passed and there are no clear candidates. My resignation was also coupled by the resignation of another senior team member.

I saw how everyone reacted to the news. Veiled attempts to wish us well followed by thier stories about how they are going to leave, what their dreams are, and what their reality is. Erin, a fat thrity-year old woman who acts like she is sixteen, lives with her parents, and cannot fathom why men adore her younger independent and well-adjusted sister with the perky breasts, started to cry. Not because she likes me, because she is left with an inept team, no supervisor, and a team-leader who is concerned with his own-self promotion rather than leading his team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home