11 August 2005

Will I be a Mild-Mannered Reporter for a Mediocre Suburban Newspaper?

Most likely, though I will be taking a 30% cut in my current pay. I gleaned one important thing from the interview. This place is desparate. I'm willing to work with desparate. I have to return for another interview on Friday afternoon to meet with the publisher, and much will be decided there.

For now I am postponing "I Can't Believe I Work With These People," to see if I will remain The Problem Coordinator. If I leave I will write a blitz of all the people I work with, which I hope will be mildly entertaining.

At this time, I would like anyone who reads this to offer some feedback. What is your take on my two options? Should I forsake emotional stability for financial stability or vice versa?

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt lives in Northern New York said...

I thought more people read this. I'm just going to jump in front of a train.

Fri Aug 12, 05:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Charlie Halford said...

If they're desperate, that gives you the power. Take the job, as far as it takes you. As nice as financial security may be, life is lost without enjoyment. Mostly though, follow the least stress!

Keep in mind that my track record for career choices do not approach sensible. Sorry if this isn't a help!

Fri Aug 12, 04:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DS Irvin said...

take the job.

Fri Aug 12, 09:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Matt lives in Northern New York said...

Thank you to everyone who has commented both on and offline. I'm inclined to follow your advice. I even accepted the job offer and planned to start the day after Labor Day. This, unfortunetly, is not the case anymore. I will remain at Insuricare as the Problem Coordinator, but I will not post anything further.

Ray, you were right. This blog only serves to depress people. The person it has depressed most is myself. So, with my shoulder to the wheel I will weather the never-ending storm of Corporate America.

Many of you may not hear from me for awhile. That will just be my way of coping. I will of course continue to post on your blogs.

The Problem Coordinator signing off.

Mon Aug 15, 01:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger DS Irvin said...

Good bye The Problem Coordinator. Good bye.

Mon Aug 15, 11:24:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home